Friday, March 14, 2014

Elderberry Jelly and Elderberry Pear Jelly

Yesterday I had all kinds of energy.  I don't know where it came from either.  I took advantage of it though.  After giving the kitchen a really good cleaning, I made three batches of jelly from juices that I had in my freezer.  I made two batches of Elderberry Jelly (right) and one batch of Elderberry Pear Jelly (left).  I had never made Elderberry Pear before and I couldn't find a recipe for it.  So . . . I just made one up and it set perfectly.  I really like the Elderberry Pear because it's a little bit more mild then the straight Elderberry.  They are both very very yummy.

Then after I was done cleaning up from the jelly making, I started making soap.  It's been well over a month since I've make soap and my supply was getting low.  I made two batches.  Ocean Rain and a new fragrance called "Sunny Herb Garden."  It's a delightful fragrance and I'm excited for it to make it's debut in a month.

About the time I was done making soap, it was time to pick the kids up from school.  After school, Princess had ballet class.  When we got home it was time to make dinner, then after dinner clean up, play time, baths then bed for all the little munchkins.  After the kids were in bed I practiced some watercolor painting.  I've been feeling kind of artsy lately and began drawing and painting again after a very, very long hiatus -seven years in fact.  I may show you all what I've been working on in a little while.  Right now I'm still doing a lot of re-learning of things I used to know.

Ok, that's it for now.  Sorry about taking so long to update my blog.  I promise you I have been busy.  Not just laying around being lazy.  :-)
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you documented this amazing day... send me some of your energy!

    ReplyDelete

Please state who you are.